Monday, June 23, 2008

Had Grampa up to the lake this weekend and it was really a pleasure to see him relaxing and enjoying himself. We fished and he read while I was doing a few projects (getting ready for the family week) We caught some nice bass and bluegills on Friday and Saturday. Ii think he is really doing remarkably well. He talks freely of Gramma and how he misses her but wouldn't want her
to have to continue in the state she was before she died. It actually was a nice to have him up there and see how much he enjoyed it. Mom got up there late Sunday and we had dinner together before Dad and I left.

Wow, big news all around the family on the blog lately: dirk and Stacey with their kitchen project well underway (looks good, Diork), jack riding a two wheeler like it was his job (way to go, Jack) and Paxton making sure his brothers are not underfed. Great pics all!

Very anxious to have us all together soon
Love dad

2 comments:

Matt and Robin said...

Can we get Grandpa up to the lake for a night or so to let him enjoy all of us being there? I'd give up our bed for the night to let him experience it (of course, someone would need to transport him).

Mart said...

Very nice idea, but I don't know how we'd accomplish it short of someone driving back and forth to GR to get him and bring him home.