Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Retired Nurse Called Back into Service

Retired nurse, know by some as Nurse Hollebeek, has been called back into service for the care of Patient Hollebeek, aka The Big Guy, Grandpa, Poppa Mart, to name a few. After undergoing surgery this afternoon the patient is resting contendedly in bed since 8PM, with an automatic cooling device providing iced comfort to his elevated knee. Although advised to drink clear liquids at first, the patient refused and his hunger was alieviated only after consuming a large order of chicken with snow peas, shrimp with broccoli, an egg roll and a HUGE dish of moose tracks ice cream. With remote in hand he is watching an old Steve McQueen movie, since his antiquated bedroom TV set only plays VCR tapes, and there are almost no VCR tapes for rent
anymore. Such is life, but all seems to be going well in the Hollebeek Ward at 1702.
M. Hollebeek RN

2 comments:

Mart said...

I think I need to comment on the nurse's blog. having surgery is hard work and one works up an appetite. As a result of "recalorizing" I have made a remarkable recovery and was able to fish unassisted while at the cottage this weekend. Thank you very much

Mart said...

I think I need to comment on the nurse's blog. having surgery is hard work and one works up an appetite. As a result of "recalorizing" I have made a remarkable recovery and was able to fish unassisted while at the cottage this weekend. Thank you very much